The First Texas Debit Card goes beyond conventional checking.
Most checkbooks can only do one thing - checking.
- Our First Texas Debit Card does this and much more. First Texas Debit Card gives you a faster, more economical, more convenient way to buy products and services you need. That's because it allows you to withdraw funds from your checking account without ever having to write a check.
- You can purchase groceries, gas, or anything else. Use your card wherever MasterCard® debit card is accepted. Plus, First Texas Debit Card performs all the functions of an ATM card. It's the checking-withdrawing-depositing-and-transferring-funds card all in one.
Fast and one-step easy.
- Forget having to round up your checkbook, a pen, and two forms of identification. The First Texas Debit Card may be used wherever MasterCard is accepted
Worry free when you are out of town.
- No need to worry about getting your checks cashed out of town. You may use your card wherever MasterCard is accepted.
Provides all the advantages of an ATM card.
- Need to withdraw or transfer funds? No problem. First Texas Debit Card gives you access to all these services whenever you need them.
Economical and ecological
- Eliminate the need to purchase checks (and the risk of running out when you're at the checkout). First Texas Debit Card saves money in check printing fees while it saves valuable resources.
Safeguarded if lost or stolen.
- When you receive your First Texas Debit Card, you'll also select a personal identification number (PIN). It's added security against someone making transactions without your consent. And, as an added safeguard, we provide a cap on your liability if your card is lost or stolen. See your disclosure for details
Just like balancing your checkbook.
- Every month in which a transaction is completed, you'll receive an account statement that includes the date, location, and amount of every transaction you've made.
Would you like to be notified quickly of any transactions that have been processed on your debit card?
- With Email Alerts you will be notified of your transactions as well as being able to detect any fraudulent use of your debit card. If you receive an email alert of a transaction that you did not authorize, please contact the bank immediately so that we can prevent future unauthorized use of your card.
- Call us at 512-863-2567 or stop by any branch to turn on your Email Alerts.
A great feature of our ATM and Debit Cards is the ability to turn them ON and OFF when you want.
- When you’re not using your card – turn it OFF. Your preauthorized monthly transactions will still be paid, but it will prevent any unauthorized point-of-sale transactions from being processed. Just remember to turn it ON right before you swipe!! How do you do this?
- Through your First Texas Bank Online Banking account, you will follow these steps:
- 1. Login
- 2. At the top Right of the screen, below the welcome, click on “Card Management”
- 3. The last four numbers of all your ATM/Debit Cards will be listed.
- 4. Click on the On/Off picture to toggle between the two options.
- Through our Mobile Banking app:
- 1. Login
- 2. Select “My Cards” from the menu options.
- 3. Select the “Activation” button to toggle ON/OFF.